VET in Schools Forum – 6 April 2016
Professional Learning Customised for VET in Schools Teachers
As a dual professional, school staff need to keep up to date with the requirements of both education and training systems. Central Institute of Technology, through the Centre for Training Excellence, has developed a one-day forum to assist teachers maintain an up to date understanding of the training system requirements. The professional learning may also contribute to the professional development requirements of the Teacher Registration Board.
Nationally Recognised Training for Vocational Education Training in Schools (VET in Schools) Practitioners
The Centre for Training Excellence recognises the wealth of experience that VET in Schools teachers bring to teaching in VET. We also understand that VET in Schools teachers have their own specific requirements. Plus, the VET environment itself is complex and ever changing. After extensive research with teachers and schools, the Centre for Training Excellence offers a suite of programs for teachers including:
- A customised Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. A conversion course for teachers who have obtained the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAA40104 to convert their qualification to the latest version of the course.
- Standalone nationally recognised units as the TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Unit.
- A program of short courses to ensure you keep up to date with the sector.
1. Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
The Centre recognises the wealth of experience that VET in Schools teachers bring to this qualification and has designed a specific delivery model for this nationally accredited qualification just for VET in Schools teachers. Teachers requiring this qualification can attend our five day program. This program is a blended program of online learning, face-to-face workshops and recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Cost: Blended RPL Option $1000 for VET in Schools teachers
Topics covered include:
- Demystifying the ever changing VET Sector
- Designing VET in Schools programs that meet all Training Package requirements
- What “competency based assessment” means in practice for you and your students
- How to meet all the VET regulatory and quality requirements and still meet student’s needs
- Flexibility – Ability to undertake on-line learning at times convenient to you
- Being recognised for the skills and knowledge you already have via RPL
- Building confidence in your ability to meet rigorous VET sector audit requirements when designing training and assessment that meets all AQTF requirements and student needs
This program is delivered by highly experienced and nationally recognised VET experts who understand the VET in Schools environment.
Is this course right for you?
Conversion from TAA40104
If you have previously completed the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAA40104 and need to be qualified in the latest version of the course, some of the units have been deemed as equivalent.
The following documents will assist you in the process:
- Suitability for TAE Conversion
- Course conversion and demonstration of currency from Cert IV TAA to TAE
RPL for TAE40110 Cert IV TAA
While RPL may be appropriate for some VET in Schools. Please note that most school teachers do not conduct RPL assessments or conduct training in workplaces as part of their normal VET in Schools duties. If teachers are unable to gather evidence of conducting RPL assessments or training in the workplace please contact the Centre for Training Excellent to discuss gap training in these two areas.
2. Standalone Nationally Recognised Units
TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills Unit
Proposed changes to the TAE Training and Education training package will require all trainers to identify student’s workplace language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill needs.
Teachers experienced in LLN can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) or those requiring training can attend CTE’s workshop to gain the TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills unit.
The unit describes the skills and knowledge a vocational trainer or assessor requires to identify language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skill requirements of training and the work environment, and to use resources and strategies that meet the needs of the learner group. It is applicable for all individuals who teach, train, assess and develop resources for adult learners. Find out more about this unit and apply
TAEDEL501A Facilitate E-Learning Unit
The delivery of the unit has been designed to assist trainers, facilitators or teachers to support learners effectively in an online learning environment. The unit is an elective in TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, TAE50111 Diploma of Vocational Education and Training and TAE50211 Diploma of Training Design and Development. Find out more about this unit and apply
3. Short Courses
We offer a program of short courses to ensuring you remain upskilled in this area, without needing to undertake a formal unit. Courses include:
- It’s a Jungle Out There
- Preparing for a VET in Schools Audit
- Reasonable Adjustment
- Streamlined Training Packages
Browse our range of Professional Learning Programs by category:
- Teacher in Residence – 21st Century Teaching & Learning
- Industry & Community Collaboration
- Skill Areas
Have a question?
For more information about any of these options, please don’t hesitate to contact us.